Over the past year, WLS has been doing their part to curb the COVID-19 pandemic. A leading packaging equipment manufacturer, WLS of ProMach Pharma Solutions is supplying their VR-72 Labeler to COVID vaccine manufacturers and contract packers. Worldwide opportunities continue to present themselves as the pharmaceutical industry pushes to fulfill the demand for approved vaccines. [Read more…] about COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturers Select VR-72 Labelers from WLS
The pharmaceutical industry is racing to prepare for an imminent COVID-19 vaccine. It isn’t enough to have packaging lines complete in a few years – they need to be ready as soon as possible, so as a vaccine is approved, it’s all systems go. [Read more…] about Introducing the VR-72 Labeler for COVID-19 Vaccine Packaging
Pharmaworks, the newest addition to the ProMach Pharma Solutions family, has seen the lack of personal protective equipment (PPE) due to COVID-19 and is helping to solve the problem. Thanks to the donation of supplies, the innovation of our engineers and the utilization of existing packaging technology, we have been working around the clock to create much-needed face shields for essential workers [Read more…] about Pharmaworks Joins the Fight Against COVID-19
In these difficult times, we want to update you on the steps Weiler Labeling Systems (WLS) is taking to protect our employees and our customers.
WLS started 2020 with a strong backlog of orders. As an essential service provider, we have continued operating during this pandemic, and incoming orders have not slowed down. Among other things, we are working to fulfill the urgent need for equipment to package future COVID-19 vaccines, including by redirecting systems built for cancelled shows.
We remain committed to keeping our customers’ packaging lines operating as efficiently as possible while focusing on the safety of all personnel. Some of the measures we have implemented to date are:
- Keeping the number of people in our facility to a minimum by limiting the amount of employees in close contact on the assembly floor and by enacting a work-from-home policy for office personnel, sales staff and others who do not need to be in our facility
- Implementing a daily temperature check of everyone entering our facility
- Providing each employee with a face mask and gloves while they are in our facility
- Asking any employees experiencing symptoms to stay home
- Not allowing non-employees into our facility except in emergencies
- Continuing to offer customers telephone and video support with our sales and service personnel
Our team is ready to travel and available to visit customers, but now we are also offering customers new ways to interact with our staff including:
- Expanded use of online meeting tools such as Skype, Zoom, MS Teams and more
- Use of augmented reality tools for remote field service support and, when authorized by customer, remote access to the machine controls via secure connection (for the time being, the first hour of remote support is offered free of charge)
- Implementation and completion of virtual factory acceptance tests (FAT) using multiple cameras, so that our customers can see every detail of the machine and its HMI from their office PC in real time (for the time being, this service is offered free of charge)
We hope things get back to normal soon and look forward to seeing you again face to face.